Friday, April 2, 2010

Poem-A-Day, April 2nd

At the suggestion of my poet friend Joannie, I've decided to attempt to participate in Robert Lee Brewer's Poem-A-Day challenge. Of course, I'm starting a day late (April is National Poetry Month), and I have no expectations whatsoever, but I think it will be a fun exercise nonetheless. Maybe I'll attempt to keep all the poems related to cycling, in addition to adhering to the daily prompt. Maybe not. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes...

Today's prompt: Write a water poem.

----------

The rain cascades down rooftops,
And pounds the sides of cars;
The gusts predicted heavy,
By our forecaster Lars.

"I won't be riding bikes today,
Nor swimming in the Sound.
The weather's just too nasty out,"
She muttered as she frowned.

So hopefully tomorrow
The sun will dry the streets.
This lion is not welcome here,
The lamb brings better treats.

2 comments: